Monday, October 7, 2019

Farewell Diahann



I was so sad to hear about the passing of Diahann Carroll. She has
been one of my favorite actresses since I was a little girl. She is from
The Bronx like me; only a year older than my mom. I always
thought of Diahann as my glamorous other mother.


Her famous show Julia, showed her as a R.N. raising her only child.
The show exactly mirrored my mom. She too was a single mom and
a registered Nurse raising me.

She always exuded an innate elegance and glamour. Something she
had to fight to get more juicy roles such as Claudine or Elzora.
That glamour fit her like a glove for Dominique Deveraux in Dynasty.
Fun fact, I like to imagine myself on Dynasty as her daughter. One of
my lifelong goals was if I ever had a choice who would play my mom
and dad, I cast her and Billy Dee Williams. Sadly, that will never happen now.



I am happy to know we have all her amazing work on television
and film that will live on. This beautiful trailblazing Tony, Golden
Globe Winner and Oscar Nominee for Best Actress will live on
in her family, our hearts and in her performances.



If you like to read more of my thoughts on Diahann go here.
One of my favorite movies she of her is Paris Blues. She costarred
with Paul Newman, Joanne Woodward and Sidney Poitier. Who she
was in love with at the time too!!

Bless you Diahann always. Here she is talking about how she got
 cast on Dynasty.  A reminder how we always have to take control of our careers!




No comments:

Wordless Wednesday: Spring