Sunday, May 4, 2014

May The 4th Be With You

Today is May the 4th also known as Star Wars Day. A play on the famous tagline from the Star Wars Movies: May The Force Be With You. If you are a new follower, then let me share that I love Star Wars. Seriously. I do. I have since way back in May 1977 as a kid. I have watched them so much especially the original trilogy that I can practically say all the lines. Yep. My favorite is The Empire Strikes Back.

Before I go on my how I love Luke Skywalker monologue. Let me give props to Carrie Fisher who rocked as Princess Leia. She radiated strength, wit and beauty.



Now, let me get back to my how I love Luke. My adoration for Luke and especially to Mark Hamill knows no bounds. In my own life, Luke became a touchstone when I had my own difficult paths to walk. True story, I did get to meet Mark Hamill way back in the 90's. He was so sweet to me. My heart just melts thinking about that. I still have his autograph on my wall.

Behind the scene shot with Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker from The Empire Strikes Back


Also from Empire..


I was fascinated by the Jedi Knights as a kid and still am. I like to think that I am Jedi in some ways.


I love this picture of James Earl Jones, who voiced Darth Vader, and Mark Hamill. Father and Son together.


Before I go, I can see this is getting to be a long post. There is so much more that I can say about Star Wars.There are other characters that I adore. I may have to do another post on them. I can't forget Billy Dee Williams as the charming and daring Lando Calrissian.




Sending Love to all my fellow Star Wars fans out there. Can't wait for Episode 7!! I am hoping the omission of Billy Dee Williams in episode 7 will be rectified!


Shellsigna

2 comments:

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Hey Mama! How are you?? So glad to hear from you. Hope that all is well with you and the men folk. If I tell you how much my daughter and husband LOVE, LOVE, LOVEEEEEEE Star Wars! OMG! They everything for weeks days and months.
Sending you love!

Conversations with the Muses said...

I ADORE star wars too though I haven't seen it in a long time. I am going to go to amazon right now and buy the trilogy! It is a classic which talks about doing our best, good and evil, balance of dark and light, importance of knowing yourself, friendship... It fits right in there with Lord of the Rings trilogy and the Harry Potter stories! They are a beautiful philosophy to live by!

Swan of Dreamers Day

  Today is a big day here on Swan of Dreamers. I have been blogging here for sixteen years!! Wow. Though I'm not as active, as I like to...