Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Happy Birthday, Judy

Since I was little, I've always adored Judy Garland. That voice. Those warm eyes. That combination of strength and vulnerability that she resonated.


I always thought Judy was pretty, it made me sad years later when I learned she didn't see herself like that.

The weekends were the best time to catch a Judy Garland movie on channel 7 or 13. It would make my day shine brighter.  When my friends would ring to go outside, sometimes I say my mom wanted me to stay upstairs. Really, a Judy movie was coming on and I didn't want to miss it. Who could blame me?



Happy Birthday, Judy.  Thank you for making my days happier with your movies and music.

Shellsigna
P.S. Here is a list of my favorite movies by Judy.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

HI Shell..beautiful tribute..I loved her too..and wowness , how I love that second image of her..gorgeous and dramatic...a stunning picture!
Beautiful!
Victoria

Jennifer Michelle said...

Love Judy Garland. She was a delicate soul and a talented human being.

Swan of Dreamers Day

  Today is a big day here on Swan of Dreamers. I have been blogging here for sixteen years!! Wow. Though I'm not as active, as I like to...