Monday, March 10, 2008

Blair


I love Blair Underwood. You want to know why? I have never seen him give a bad performance. He pops up in movies and TV show that I didn’t know he was in: Something New and DirtySexyMoney. When he comes on, I’m smiling because I know he is going to give his all in each role.

I have been watching him on the HBO show “In Treatment” which I love headed by the wonderful Gabriel Byrne. I look forward to the Tuesday show which has Blair Underwood playing Alex, a Navy pilot haunted by a mission gone wrong in Iraq. Alex is intelligent, intense and arrogant at first glance. It is when you go beneath the surface do you get all the pain, anguish and vulnerability. Blair just holds my attention and I’m riveted. Each week, it’s always a surprise. It takes a committed actor to go deep within. Blair does this and more.

We’ve always knew how good Blair is, right? L.A. Law, Set It Off, Sex and The City to name a few. The love scene between Blair and Jada Pinkett-Smith in Set It Off is one of my top ten favorite movie love scenes.

He also co-wrote the book Casanegra: A Tennyson Hardwick Novel with Tananrive Due and Steven Barnes. I read it over the summer and it is a great book. It is a stylish and steamy thriller.

So give love to Blair Underwood. Don’t sleep on this amazing talented and handsome actor. He is an overlooked treasure.


No comments:

Swan of Dreamers Day

  Today is a big day here on Swan of Dreamers. I have been blogging here for sixteen years!! Wow. Though I'm not as active, as I like to...