Food. I love Food. But when food becomes a coping method that's when things get tricky. I've been on a weight release journey since the year began. When I've come against a weight wall, most of the time I had to uncover what was the wall. Anger, fear, disappointment. Then when I did that, I had to let the feelings out. Not bury it in food. I had to find alternative ways to soothe myself. I found old favorites harking back from childhood to use. Here is my list of things to soothe yourself or get your mind off food. This is no particular order. Use and apply when needed.
* Declutter a part of your closet or drawers.
* Color in an adult coloring book.
* Write, draw, paint, color, glue, glitter in your journal.
* Listen to your favorite playlist.
* Binge watch a new show.
* Watch a classic movie or TV show.
* Write out how you wish your favorite day to be.
* Write poetry or a story.
* Reorganize your makeup and/ or toiletries.
* Go for a Nature Walk
* Go to Dollar Tree and buy up to ten dollars of fun stuff for
* Knit, sew, and crochet.
* Call a friend to talk.
* Read a book.
* Create a vision board.
* Write down all your creative ideas and dreams.
* Research the luxury trip you like to take one day.
* Work in your garden or backyard.
* Buy yourself flowers.
* Paint your nails.
* Meditate by watching the sky.