Saturday, October 31, 2015

The Pumpkin Prince and All Hallow's Eve

It's that time of year when the veils between the world go thin. I was out on this past Thursday night to help a friend, I could feel the mystical energy of the night. The air was alive in a way that is unique to the closer we get to Halloween.

If your wondering who the Pumpkin Prince is, here he is. Jacob's birthday was the on the 3rd. My longtime readers may know this, not my new ones. Jake due date was Christmas Eve, he came instead in early October. Sean joked he came early because he wanted Halloween candy. So we dubbed him the Pumpkin Prince.

The Pumpkin Prince at his table eating breakfast on his big day.


I can't believe Jake is four now. I got him this delicious cookies and cream cake.


Jake about to blow out his candle...


October is very special to me now. Tonight, our little Pumpkin Prince turns into a sweet monster looking for treats. This was taken right before school yesterday. The kids came in costume. I know its so dark. Sunrise wasn't until 7:15 am.He only wore the body part. He hated the head part. Tonight we are taking to him to our local mall that is giving out treats to kids.


I love All Hallow's Eve because it's a time of fantasy and magic interwoven. The deeper meaning of honoring those who have passed and your ancestors resonates deeply with me.I like to light my candles.I look at the list I write of love ones gone and tell each one of them they haven't been forgotten. The sad part is the list get longer every year, that is the way of things. I think of those ancestors names I don't know but whose blood flows in me. I like to acknowledge them too. Say a prayer and be quiet for a while. Listen and be with the magic of All Hallow's Eve.



I can't forget our lovely Jet. Giving a touch of black cat elegance to our All Hallow's Eve post. I'm wishing all a lovely All Hallow's Eve, Halloween, Samhain.


A gypsy fire is on the hearth,
Sign of the carnival of mirth;
Through the dun fields and from the glade
Flash merry folk in masquerade,
For this is Hallowe'en!
~Author Unknown

Shellsigna

No comments:

Happy Birthday David

  "Having all that - the fame and adulation and the women and all that stuff they talk about - doesn't make you happy. You have to ...