Monday, February 3, 2014

Another Snowy day....

Yes, it is another Snowy day in The Bronx! Guess what we have two more snowstorm coming this week!! I love snow especially since I was born during a great snow storm. I like to think of Snow as a personal favorite element of mine. Even for me, this is a lot!!



So what to do on a snow day? It's a bit different for me since I have a sweet rambunctious toddler running around. I have to concentrate my activities during nap time or when Sean is with Jacob.

Here's some of my fun Snow day activities

* Sleep. (Spoken like a true sleep deprived Mom!) Still there is nothing better than to sleep in on a snowy day when all your activities are cancelled.
* Burn white or silver candles. These colors for me seem to shine brighter on Snow days. Yes, I burn candles during the daytime too.
* Clean up a long forgotten area. You have the time now. Clean, throw away, recycle in new things, pretty up. Before you know it a part of your home looks shiny and new.
* Watch an old movie. Here are suggestions for you especially if you like romantic and dreamy films.
* Curl up with a great book to read.
* Sit in your favorite chair or lay in your bed. Watch the snowflakes fall and dream!

Wishing you all a cozy Snowy Day. If it's not snowing in your neck of the woods, then enjoy the sunshine and fair weather you are having.

Shellsigna

5 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

Hey, neighbor. I'm here in Brooklyn. They say there is more snow on the way tomorrow night. Sounds like you make the most of these days. I love snow, but now that I am getting older, it scares me to go out so I become a hermit for days, at least until the sidewalks are clear...and that can take some time. You know how this New York snow can get.
Mary

Dena Miller said...

Oh the snow days are lovely!!! It is a great time to snuggle up and do the things that you suggest. Stay warm my Friend!
~Hugs

Deborah said...

I am not a fan of cold days so I am enjoying my nice temperate Florida weather :D Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I have been neglecting all my blog buddies who are not on Facebook and I am sorry for it. I cannot believe how big Jacob is getting. BTW happy belated birthday to you and may you live to enjoy many many more wonderful birthdays.

Tracy said...

Love your outlook on snow, Shell! That positive energy about it inspires me... for we're knee-deep in the white stuff over here just now... LOL! Your snowy day ideas are wonderful. Hope you got that nap yesterday, then, Mom. ;o) Happy Week ((HUGS))

Sarah said...

I hope you enjoyed your snow day Shell! I love a snowy day too and your suggestions are perfect. We however have never ending storms-rain wind and flooding all over the country. It is mild though so that is something!

Wordless Wednesday: Spring