Thursday, May 19, 2011

Cairo Time


Happy Thursday, everyone. Dreamy Thursday will
be now featured twice a month. It will be
back next week.

I had to come on and gush about Cairo Time (2009)
which I got from the library this week. I had read a
review about it last summer in New York Times.
I had wanted to see it on the big screen but missed
it.

My sweetie pie says I have a penchant for sad romances.
Maybe, I do. I guess it's something about the longing
that appeals to my romantic nature.

Juliette (Patricia Clarkson) comes to Cairo to
meet up with her husband, Mark who works for
the UN. When she arrives, his friend and former
colleague Tareq (Alexander Siddig) meets her
at the airport to tell her Mark is going to be
delayed. There is some unrest in Gaza and Mark
can't leave. Juliette is left alone in Cairo.
Waiting to get calls from Mark to find out when
he will come back. she discovers the city and
herself in a deeper way. Tareq becomes her friend and
guide in Cairo.Over time the relationship develops
into something more....

Cairo Time is directed and written by Ruba Nadda.
It is a beautifully written and visually stunning
film. Patricia Clarkson and Alexander Siddig are superb.
I love all the undercurrent and subtleness in the acting.
And as side note, Alexander is quite sexy in this.

Cairo Time gets a big Yes from me. Go and rent it.
Of course, here is the trailer for you.



Shellsigna

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Shell I will have to check it out, I had never even heard of it. have a great weekend. take care.

Operaton You said...

Well, the trailer got me all ready to find it for the weekend! Thanks for the review and recommendation!

How are you? I know Divine Love is at the center of ALL your dreams!

Sarah said...

This sounds really good Shell. I will try to remember it next time I am looking for a film. I will look at that website you mentioned too-sounds fun!

Wordless Wednesday: Spring