Monday, January 5, 2009
I just finished watching a really good movie called Persepolis. It came out in 2007 and was nominated for an Oscar for best animated feature. It's the story of young Iranian girl growing up in the late 70's and 80's in Iran. It a really wonderful film. Then last Tuesday, I saw Doubt. A whole slew of films are released at the end of the year that are touted to be the best film of the year. Doubt is one of the best I've seen in 2008. The story alone makes you think and wonder long after the film is done. The acting. Oh my gosh, Meryl Streep, Amy Adams, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Viola Davis. They just knock it out the box. Seriously, Meryl and Viola should get some kind of nomination around Oscar time. I'll be mad if they don't. They are really that good.
On to some fun!! I got tagged by my favorite Mermaid : Carmen. Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Being the typical Aquarian I am, I am going to break some of the rules. I will choose four. If you don't want to play. It's totally cool. I know some people don't like to be tagged. This is off the top of my head. If you want to join in even if I haven't tagged you, please do. The more, the merrier.
Lisa of Groggyfroggy
Molly of Herspeak
Here is random things about Shell:
1) When I was a little girl, I use to pull my bedroom sheets and blankets up to my neck when I slept so the vampires couldn't get me. (I watched way too many horror movies as a kid with my mom)
2) I love reading graphic novels and Mangas (japanese comics)
3) I use to put gel in the colors pink and burgundy in my hair
4) I can only snap my fingers on one hand.
5) I would stare at objects in the living room trying to move them with my mind. (Yes I watched too much Star Wars, as well.)
6) My favorite pair of shoes is my well worn brown Moccasin boots. (I need to buy some new ones soon.)