Monday, July 14, 2008

Tuxedo Cat Love






Friendship comes in all forms. One of my best friends happens to have four legs and fur. Her name is Mabel. She is 12 years old and has the prettiest green eyes. Mabel is my cat. Or should I saw I'm her human. She is a little black and white cat or what is better known as a tuxedo cat.

Mabel and I go way back. My mom and I picked her from the bide-a-wee in Manhattan. Mabel was so skinny and dirty. She had been found wandering around the streets of lower Manhattan as a kitten. I often wondered if she had just gotten lost or had been thrown out. As soon as I saw her, I knew she is the cat for me. With love, food and warm place to sleep Mabel grew into a lovely cat.

12 years later, Mabel and I are still the best of friends. Mabel loves to caress my face with her paws. She is known to teleport from room to room which I heard is an ability a lot of cats have. She is shy when meeting new people. Once she knows you, Mabel is known to curl up on your bag or lay next to your shoes. I never seen anyone get as high as Mabel when she has some catnip! She is a loyal, affectionate and sweet-natured cat. I am so lucky to have her as my friend.



2 comments:

Cheryl Lynn Pastor Romance Author said...

Mabel is absolutely beautiful. At one time I had 3 cats. I positively love them. Right now I'm petless and it's a big adjustment for me.

So happy your and your friend have such a sweet relationship.

Hope your day tomorrow is wonderful.

Shell said...

Thank you for saying Mable is beautiful. She appreciates it as well. Glad you enjoyed me sharing my love for Mabel. She's an integral part of my life and wanted to share that with everyone.

Happy Birthday David

  "Having all that - the fame and adulation and the women and all that stuff they talk about - doesn't make you happy. You have to ...