Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Cabin In The Sky


This Wednesday on Turner Classic Movies at 11pm, they are showing the musical Cabin in The Sky (1943) starring Ethel Waters,Eddie Anderson, Lena Horne and directed by Vincente Minnelli. If you want to see the movie that helped propel Lena to stardom or haven't seen in it a long while then you should check it out. It was at the time one of the most successful all-star African American films ever made. The story is simple: Little Joe (Eddie Rochester) is at danger of losing his soul. His wife Petunia (Ethel Waters) is doing her best to keep him on the right road while Georgia Brown (Lena Horne) is tempting him to stay in his bad ways. I haven't see it in years, so I am looking forward to watching it again myself.

2 comments:

tea time and roses said...

Oh Shell I love this movie, and have not seen it in a long long while! Lena Horne is absolutely beautiful in this movie, and all the other actors are magnificent! Thanks so much!

Smiles...

Beverly

Shell said...

I haven't see it in a long time myself, Beverly. I am looking forward to it tonight.

Happy Birthday David

  "Having all that - the fame and adulation and the women and all that stuff they talk about - doesn't make you happy. You have to ...