Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Fun

It's close to midnight. I'm still a bit brain dead from yesterday. I worked on a spec commercial yesterday evening. A spec is a trial run of a commercial to show the client what concept the director has in mind. The director/writer Sean had us do a lot of fun and crazy things. We did this for about four hours last night and I didn't get home until one in the morning.

I had a blast yesterday. The best way to grow as an actor is to get as much experience as you can. That idea I got from Michael Caine's great book: Acting on Film. He says don't wait for great parts to come along, do what parts you can and make them great. When that real star role comes along, you'll be ready. I do my best to follow his advice. The man knows what he is talking about.

Being relaxed on film I feel is one of the essential to good acting. The camera picks up everything. Once your relaxed, you can flow and your acting is natural even effortless. That is one of my goals with acting. Last night, I had fun because I was relaxed. Hopefully, it will show in the finished product.

No comments:

May the 4th Be With You

 Today took a very exciting turn for me today. I did my May the 4th Be With You post for the day on my main page and in my stories. Here is ...