Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Will


Happy Birthday to William Shakespeare. I like to call him Will. He doesn't mind. Will and I are old friends.

I can go on and on about my favorite plays or characters. That would make too long of a post. In honor of his birthday, I suggest to go to his sonnets.You can check them out here:http://www.shakespeares-sonnets.com/icomm.htm
Pick one and read it out loud. So you can hear the words, see the imagery, feel the rhythm. Do this a couple of times and watch how you connect more with the sonnet.

Here's a tip for my fellow romantics. This I have done and it does work! Find one sonnet you really like and memorize it. Then when your with that person who makes you heart sing.Hold their hand and look into their eyes. Say the sonnet to him or her. They will be yours for a long time afterward.

Here is one of my favorites.

Sonnet 43:

When most I wink, then do mine eyes best see,
For all the day they view things unrespected;
But when I sleep, in dreams they look on thee,
And darkly bright, are bright in dark directed.
Then thou, whose shadow shadows doth make bright,
How would thy shadow's form form happy show
To the clear day with thy much clearer light,
When to unseeing eyes thy shade shines so!
How would, I say, mine eyes be blessed made
By looking on thee in the living day,
When in dead night thy fair imperfect shade
Through heavy sleep on sightless eyes doth stay!
All days are nights to see till I see thee,
And nights bright days when dreams do show thee me.

No comments:

Happy Birthday David

  "Having all that - the fame and adulation and the women and all that stuff they talk about - doesn't make you happy. You have to ...