Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Happy Birthday Mae West


It is August 17th which I call Mae West Day.

She was born on August 17, 1893. She was a star on Broadway before she became a movie star at 40 years old. 

She is one of my favorite classic movie stars. She is what I have called her before: brassy and sassy. How could she not coming from Brooklyn?


If you go through Swan of Dreamers, I have written many posts about Mae. This is one birthday post I wrote two years ago with favorite quotes from her autobiography.



I love this picture from Catherine Was Great that she starred on Broadway. I wish that it had been filmed, I would have loved to see this.



I adore that Mae wrote all her films and plays! That is remarkable then and now. She said she wrote for women;she knew they were audience!


If you have never seen any of Mae's movies, I suggest She Done Him Wrong or I'm No Angel.


Happy Birthday, Mae. You are still much loved!!


No comments:

Happy Birthday David

  "Having all that - the fame and adulation and the women and all that stuff they talk about - doesn't make you happy. You have to ...