Sunday, February 14, 2021

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day, my friends. Here I am peeking in to say hello.


 

Being the romantic I am, I am sharing a new romantic discovery. No, not Bridgerton. If you haven't watched it, please do. It is a wonderful show. I am very happy to see more actors of color being able to do more period pieces. The 1971 BBC version of Persuasion is my delightful discovery. Persuasion is my favorite Jane Austen book. I saw the 2007 version of Persuasion which I like, I have to still see the 1995 version. I found the 1971 version on you tube.
This is Anne Elliot (Ann Firbank) she has finally seen the love of her life, Captain Frederick Wentworth, after seven years apart. She was persuaded by her godmother, Lady Russell, not to marry him. Captain Wentworth hasn't forgotten her refusal of marriage and still hold a grudge. This is the gist of the story. It is a deep and beautiful love story. When I first began watching the mini series, I didn't like it at first. It is very much like a play, after a while I really enjoyed it. It is very faithful to the book. Now, I love it!
I don't want to give too much away. This is Anne and Captain Wentworth (Bryan Marshall) reunited briefly in a sweets shop. This is the first inkling that the lovers may have a second chance.
It is a great ensemble cast. All the actor embody the characters to me. I adore Ann Firbank and Bryan Marshall's Anne and Frederick. Sadly, Bryan Marshall passed away in 2019. Here is a fun Star Wars fact that makes me love the series is even more. Ann Firbank plays a small yet memorable part in the Rise of Skywalker ending. Makes it a full circle moment for me. If you are really interested, I have the first part of Persuasion to watch. Part 2 is also on you tube.


   

 Enjoy, my friends. Happy Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Happy Birthday David

  "Having all that - the fame and adulation and the women and all that stuff they talk about - doesn't make you happy. You have to ...