Monday, June 1, 2020

My son's Black Life Matters



 My son's Black Life Matters. There are people out there who will see Jacob less than even now at 8. One day my beautiful and bright son will be a big man at 6'4 to 6'6. Jacob is on the autistic spectrum; There have been numerous instances where black autistic adults have had dangerous and sometimes deadly encounters with the police. As his mom, I worry about that. I wish I didn't have to. That is the reality now. You who are reading this, may not have that concern, just know you are lucky. If you are a parent of a special needs child who is Black, Latinx, Native , Asian, you face this along with me. I wanted to share my voice with all the voices that are speaking out. BlackLivesMatter. We say this because for racist people it doesn't! When they are in positions of power, it threatens Black lives in every aspect of their lives.  It also threatens the lives of other people of color as well. Yes, Every life is special! Only if people really lived that belief but they don't! Stay safe, out there my friends. Be well. Speak up. Use your voice. Call out racism when you see it. Don't be quiet. One day, you may save a life or lives by standing up.  If you are offended by my words, you are free to unfollow me.



No comments:

Happy Birthday David

  "Having all that - the fame and adulation and the women and all that stuff they talk about - doesn't make you happy. You have to ...