Monday, March 25, 2019

Happy Birthday Aretha

Happy Monday, my friends. Today is Aretha Franklin 's birthday. She would have been 77 today. I recently found all these great photos on Pinterest of Aretha. Today is a perfect day to share these lovely pictures of the Queen of Soul on her birthday.


"I think it would be a far greater world if people were kinder and more respectful to each other."



"Most of what I wear, I select myself. You can't please everybody, and as long as I'm comfortable with what I wear, I think that's what's important."



"I'm really an old-fashioned girl - I like to be romanced."



"I love 'Anne of Green Gables.' I have for years. That's one of my favourite things. She's such a can-do kind of girl; that's why I'm crazy about her."



"I like writing and don't confine myself to just the words or just the music. But I don't particularly write songs with myself in mind."




Bless the Queen of Soul. May as long as music exists, her name and music live on...


Shellsigna

No comments:

Wordless Wednesday: Spring