Saturday, August 18, 2018

Son of A Preacher Man by Aretha Franklin


Happy Saturday, my friends. I had this blog post ready a few days ahead. As you all know, The Queen of Soul passed away on Thursday at the age of 76.I grew up listening to Aretha Franklin from my mom
She is part of the soundtrack of my childhood. As I listened to her when I was a woman,I could understand why my mom loved her so much.

via GIPHY


She sang about love, heartbreak and empowerment. Her voice is truly gifted by the Divine. I am sharing one of my favorite songs by Aretha. Enjoy. I am sure we all had a love in one way or another like Son of a Preacher Man.





Shellsigna

No comments:

Happy Birthday David

  "Having all that - the fame and adulation and the women and all that stuff they talk about - doesn't make you happy. You have to ...