Friday, August 17, 2018

Happy Birthday Mae

I have written numerous posts about Mae West. What can I say more about this Brooklyn born movie star who electrified the screen in a way few others
could do.


via GIPHY


Confident she is! What most people don't know is that she wrote plays and most of her movies. She always made sure she looked beautiful, sang and was surrounded by good looking men.

Honestly, if I need a pick me up or to channel a more savoire faire attitude then I turn to Mae. I can hear her now say to me "Honey, men are like buses. You can always catch another one."

She played the bad girl with the heart of gold. Oh, those one liners! They still stand up today. Here is a clip from her first leading role movie: She Done Him Wrong. It is based on her play Diamond Lil.





Shellsigna

No comments:

Happy Birthday David

  "Having all that - the fame and adulation and the women and all that stuff they talk about - doesn't make you happy. You have to ...