Thursday, July 5, 2018

May your Muse be with you always...

I wrote this 10 years ago here about my Muse.

This is what struck me from what I wrote:

Yes my inner Muse is flitting all over the place.
Sparking me to do this and that. So this week I'm
going to play around. I'll see what catches my fancy
and my eye. Who knows what creative opportunities I
will draw to myself. Summer to me is the time to
indulge into deep creative passions and fantasies.
The long hours of bright sunlight and blue sky is
perfect for all of this.



Of course, now I have an active six year old.





I don't have the large amounts of time to be creative
like I did in my free maiden days. I have found ways
to still be a creative as amom. When I get inspired
whether it be from me looking for inspiration or
an idea comes to me,I follow my Muse to create in
the moment. (Yes, my Muse is more like a child now.)




Jake is sitting here playing with his Legos, as I write
this post. When he wants my attention, I give it to him.
Then when he's occupied again, I dive right in. My Muse
is like a patient child who waits for my attention again.
She understands. Summer is still a perfect time to indulge
in your creative passions. Whether you have a time consuming
job, a busy parent/grandparent, caretaker of relatives, you
need to stay creative! Creativity is part of who we are.
It keeps us alive and vibrant.

May your Muse be with you always.


Shellsigna

No comments:

Happy Birthday David

  "Having all that - the fame and adulation and the women and all that stuff they talk about - doesn't make you happy. You have to ...