Thursday, April 19, 2018

Favorite Movie Monologues #1 : Angel (1937)

Happy Thursday, my friends. One of my favorite things
is to write down lines or monologues
from movies. Some monologues I do use for myself, others
just for acting practice. I love this little monologue.
Not sure if I can do this in audition. It is something
fun to learn. Who knows, maybe one of you may use this
on a date.

This is from the classic movie Angel starring Marlene
Dietrich and Melvyn Douglas. I loved the movie except
the ending. I wish this had been done during the
Pre-code era. The ending would have been for me more fun!



Lady Maria (Marlene Dietrich) is a neglected wife.
She meets the dashing Anthony Halton(Melvyn Douglas).
He asks to take her out. She finally agrees.
She doesn't want to give her name and who she is,
nor, does she want to know who he is. This is what
Maria says to him.

"Why ruin a perfect evening,
knowing your name. I don't want to know
your name, whatever it is. I know it wouldn't suit you.
Besides I know all about you. Providence gave you grey
eyes, brown hair, charming smile, great attraction,
everything else is unimportant.I'm content."


P.S. Go here to watch the whole movie. Enjoy.



Shellsigna

No comments:

Happy Birthday David

  "Having all that - the fame and adulation and the women and all that stuff they talk about - doesn't make you happy. You have to ...