Friday, February 17, 2017

Betty Davis - They Say I'm Different

Happy Friday. I hope you all have been enjoying the music I have been sharing. Your eyes are not deceiving you. This artist is named Betty Davis.


Like the other Bette, she badass too. Betty Davis is singer who I wish I could sound like. Her sound is funky, edgy and rocking. They Say I'm Different came out in 1974. She has four albums to date. What she is doing now, I don't know. I like to imagine that maybe she dreams about coming back and doing more music. Betty if you can read this, please do. I heard a movie was going to be made about her. Sit down and get ready to be funked out of your mind. Enjoy.


Shellsigna

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shell, thank you so much for these musical-themed posts.

I have become a big fan of Lion Babe, who I had never heard of before, until you wrote about them in "Swanofdreamers."

And now Betty Davis, who I was listening to constantly yesterday, Saturday, February 18, 2017. Did I mention I love my Spotify Premium subscription.

I also enjoyed reading about Ms. Davis on Wikipedia. She is definitely in a class by herself.

Romulo Vela (Mole) said...

Very good music, Shell. 1974 beautiful year. Thanks for share, greetings from Mexico.

Happy Birthday David

  "Having all that - the fame and adulation and the women and all that stuff they talk about - doesn't make you happy. You have to ...