Friday, December 30, 2016

Rogue One

I tried not to read anything too much on Rogue One. I wanted to come in and let the movie do its magic. Oh, yes it did!! Yes,we have another female lead. I am waiting for the day that the lead female is a woman of color. One day, that will come. I liked Jyn Erso;Felicity Jones did a good job in the leading role.

I felt the movie established that we can have a Star Wars movie not centered on the Skywalkers alone. I loved Rogue One. I thought it was gritty, full of adventure and surprises. I didn't expect to have a real favorite of any character. But I did. As soon as the character Chirrut Imwe ,played wonderfully by the legendary actor/martial artist Donnie Yen, I was a goner.


I love me some Jedi's and all their Force ways. Chirrut is a guardian of the Whills. He is not a Jedi Knight but he is attuned to The Force. He is Force Sensitive. We have seen this before with Maz Kanata in The Force Awakens.



He is to me the calming center in the whole movie. He gives comfort to Jyn. His friendship with Baze Malbus is conveyed beautifully. Chirrut's lines are now becoming iconic especially this one.



Rogue One is truly an ensemble cast. Everyone gets their place to shine. I hate spoilers. I won't give anything away. Before I end this. I have to talk about Darth Vader. Yes, the Man in Black is back!


There is one scene with Vader that reminds audience why he is one of the greatest Villians to grace the silver screen. If you seen it, you know what I'm talking about. If you're a Star Wars fan, go see it. I think if your not a Star Wars fan, you can still enjoy it. If you have a little one like me, I feel the movie night be intense for them.

Of course, May The Force Be with you Always.




Shellsigna

No comments:

Happy Birthday David

  "Having all that - the fame and adulation and the women and all that stuff they talk about - doesn't make you happy. You have to ...