Saturday, June 21, 2014

Summer's Special Day



"The longest day that God appoints
Will finish with the sun"-Emily Dickinson

Happy Summer Solstice and 1st day of Summer, my friends.
It is the longest day of the year.The sun is at it strongest.

I'm hoping wherever you are it is a sunny day. What to do on a day like this.

First, Go outside. Even if it's as simple as going for walk.
Be in nature in anyway you can. Let the sun caress your cares ways.

Dress in colors of the sun:shades of yellow, orange, red. You can add blue too since the watery sign of Cancer is beginning now. Summer is when most of us go to the Ocean or swimming in pools.You can adorn yourself with flowers, suns and seashells.

As you watch the sunset,burn candles in the colors mentioned before. With the fiery energy of Summer as your ally, write down the ideas and issues that have weighed you down then safely burn them in the fire of your .

Start your Summer feeling refreshed and renewed.

How can I forget that the Faeries are said to be able at this time of year to walk and frolic with us. So keep an eye out for them with their beauty and beguiling smiles.

The last two Summers for me, on a personal note, was difficult for varied reasons. I am reclaiming back my Summer. I am going to have a Summer full of beauty, fun, and freedom! I wish the same for all of you.

Have a great weekend. See you back here on Monday.



Shellsigna

5 comments:

Victoria said...

Hello my beautiful friend..I am so honored that you shared this ! Thank you!! Beautiful wisdom and insights for this magical event! And many hugs to you, I know it as been hard for you and glad to hear you are reclaiming summer..awesome..wishing you massive joy and solstice sparkles! How I wish we lived closer ..we could celebrate together kindred!
Beautiful post!!
V

Jennifer Michelle said...

Oh blessings on this solstice weekend! I often struggle with summer as I am a student and too much free time can send my into spirals of anxiety! This summer I promised myself to enjoy it more, especially since I am at school all summer. No free time to bog me down!

Dena Miller said...

Blessings to you my Friend!!! Enjoy your Summer! May it be as lovely as you are♥

Tammie Lee said...

such a lovely summer's greeting! So full of hope and beauty. Wishing you a summer that feels wonderful to you!

Lisabella Russo said...

Beautiful thoughts! So full of wonder of the season we are in!

Happy Birthday David

  "Having all that - the fame and adulation and the women and all that stuff they talk about - doesn't make you happy. You have to ...