Happy Thursday, my friends. I am a few days behind, I finally remembered it's poetry month! Woo hoo. If you had to suffer through learning poetry through uninspired teachers, my apologies. My deep apology. Poetry can be so many things: beautiful, thoughtful, dangerous, sexy, maddening, mind altering.
I find the best way to get back into reading poetry is as follows:
1) Find some poems you actually liked from school.
2) Look up the author and find more of their other poems.
3) Then pick a few you feel connected to. You can have as few as 3 and up to 15 poems.
4) Find a nice place you can be alone: your home or out in nature.
5) Read the poems out loud. Yes, out loud. For me, there is something about hearing poetry spoken out loud that makes the words come alive even more. Try it and see.
I have always written poetry for my own pleasure. With my active Jacob, I haven't found the time to sit down and write new poetry. I like to share with you all a poem I wrote about Jacob about a year ago. I hope you enjoy. I'll pop in through the month with more poems I have written and favorites ones from famous poets. Enjoy
It feels like you have been here
Can it only be 17 months
That you have been here
I have loved wildly, deeply,
Never have I loved with
No words to describe
how I feel
My piece of flesh and heart
My sky and sun