Monday, June 11, 2012

What's in a Name?





Some women think if you don't expect too much you won't be
let down. I always expect miracles. Sure, I'm let down.
But they're near miracles.-
Claudette Colbert.

I just finished watching Sleep My Love starring Claudette, Bob Cummings
and Don Ameche. A sweet film noir feel to it.t For my classic movie fans:
It's available on Netfilx. I've always felt a kinship for Claudette
Colbert. My mom was named for her and am I too with Claudette
being my middle name. Me being actress was written in my name.

Speaking about acting, which I've haven't in a long while. I
taking on a new challenge of directing an one man show. We are
starting rehearsals monthly until we make a date for a special
showing for acting friends. Then from there, do a small run.
I'm waiting for my new union card in the mail for the new merged
acting union for SAG-AFTRA. Getting my card is a major business
acting goal accomplished. YAY!!

Though I'm thick in the adventure of motherhood, acting is
still close to my heart.

Wishing you all a beautiful Monday evening

Shellsigna

1 comment:

Tracy said...

"expect miracles"... I LOVE that! I'd not seen that quote before... I have to write that one down in my journal! I've always enjoy Claudette Colbert's films. I remember the first one I saw was "The Egg and I", her paired with Fred MacMurray. "It Happened One Night" is a fave of course, and so is the sweet "Since You Went Away." Oh, these oldies but goodies... *swoon*... :o) Happy Weekend, Shell ((HUGS))

Wordless Wednesday: Spring