Thursday, October 13, 2011

A New Hope: Jacob

Happy Thursday, everyone.
I know you all have been wondering why I haven't been
posting lately.

Late September, I went in for a prenatal visit.
Because of certain factors in my pregnancy, I was
transferred to my local hospital for observation.

That observation lasted for a ten day Hospital stay.
(Can I add that I really dislike Hospitals, despite
that fact my mom is a retired Nurse.)
In that time, I delivered via c-section my son , Jacob, on October
3rd.



My sweet little Jacob is a preemie. He was born at 28 weeks.
Because of that, he has to stay at the local hospital
until he is strong enough to come home.

Sean and I are hoping that he will be home sometime in December.
I go to the NICU daily to be with Jacob. Sean and I go
together on the days he's not working.

I am grateful Jacob is here. If you ever had a preemie
or know someone who has. It can be stressful to see
your little one hooked up with tubes. Not being able
to bring your baby home like other parents.

Jacob is now two pounds. He is getting stronger everyday.

I wanted to let all of you know. I am finally a Mommy.
I am happy my Jacob is here. Looking at him fills my heart
with deep pockets of love.

As soon as I can, I'll try to post a picture of him soon.

I'll be back to posting with some regularity. Have
a great weekend, everyone.


Shellsigna

12 comments:

Kiki said...

Oh Shell... my heart goes out to you. I will keep you and your precious Jacob in my thoughts, hoping that each day he grows bigger and stronger! Congratulations on becoming a mama!
Much love,
Kiki

Sarah said...

Congratulations Shell! Sending love and best wishes to Jacob and hopes that he gets stronger every day and can come home soon. x

Suzie Ridler said...

Oh Shell, you have been through so much! I am glad you are both OK and hope that Jacob will quickly grow and blossom and get super strong. Congratulations my beautiful friend!

Anonymous said...

Dear Shell,
I knew something was going on since you hadn't posted in awhile.
Congratulations to you and Sean! Sending hugs and prayers that Baby Jacob will be home soon. I can only imagine what you all are going through.
Love,
Laurie

Sweetina said...

Dearest Shell and Sean!
welcome to precious Baby Jacob! my prayers go out to him as he grows with your love and great hospital care. Shell, he will bloom when he hears your voice and feels your loving Mothers touch. I am so happy for the three of you.
Bless your new Little Family xox
tina

Judy Hartman said...

Shell, I am so happy for you!! Jacob is a beautiful name and I pray that he and you are doing well. Can't wait to see a photo of your precious baby!
Congratulations!

Tracy said...

Oh, my goodness... HE's HERE! Already... wow... your baby boy is here! I am sooo HAPPY for you & Sean. So glad you are OK, and Jacob too. My cousin had a preemie, and it was a very tough time, but her baby grew stronger and stronger day & day--that baby boy she had is 16 now, big, tall and strong. :o) Trust that all will be well, Shell. And that Jacob will be home soon. Just so THRILLED for you! Enjoy these sweet early days of momhood! Many blessings to you & your sweet family. :o) ((BIG HUGS))

Anonymous said...

Oh precious beloved Jacob! I can't believe the twist in the tale of his wee life. Much love and congrats to you and Sean. I hope you are feeling okay and healing well. I can only imagine how you feel, full of so many emotions, watching your baby connected to tubes etc.

But you know what? He will grow so strong and big and tall one day. And these days will only be a memory of his miracle little entry into the world.

For now I send huge hugs and prayers for the whole family!!

Love, Vanessa

Ivy and Elephants said...

I am so glad that little Jacob is here and you both are doing well.
I can hardly wait to see pictures!
My little grandson made his arrival at the end of June and we are over the moon with him! I'm sure you and Sean are the same. God's blessings and speedy home coming for Jacob.
Hugs and kisses,
Patti

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. Many blessings to little Jacob and to your familly.

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Oh my gracious Shell. I wish you and your family good health at this time. I want you to know that you and Sean and baby will be in our most positive thoughts and prayers for baby Jacob to come home soon. I use to work in Neo-Natal and my baby was premature as well. I know the feelings, but keep your head up and touch and talk to him as much as you can. He can feel all that beautiful positive energy coming from you and dad and with the all of us praying Jacob is going to do just fine. Best to you and Sean.
God bless your family!
Love you,
V

Laurel said...

I'm just devastated that I haven't been up to date on all this beautiful Friend.
Love you and am hoping your little guy is growing and home with you .

Wordless Wednesday: Spring