Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dreamy Thursday :Don Juan DeMarco

In honor of my word of the year: Creativity, I decided
to do something different here at Swan of Dreamers.

Since Thursday is my favorite day, hence I have created
Dreamy Thursday.

Now, what is Dreamy Thursday? Every Thursday, I'm going
to write about something, someone, place, song, book, clothing,
etc that makes me all super dreamy inside. That feeling of
happiness, zest and nourishment that comes from something
touching your soul.

Along with creating Dreamy Thursday, I'm going to open
up to guests posts. If you want to write a post about what
makes you dreamy. It can be anything. As long as it truly makes
your heart sing.

I have never done guests posts. It will be an adventure for
me as well. Email me at Jettswan@gmail.com your idea, we can
go from there.

Now, on to my first Dreamy Thursday:

Don Juan DeMarco (1994). I saw this lovely gem when
it first came out and it has been part of my beloved movie
collection ever since.

What can I say about a beautiful movie that has Johnny Depp,
Marlon Brando and Faye Dunaway all to me just brilliant
in their roles.

What I love about Don Juan DeMarco is the idea of masks
we wear and what is reality? Who defines what reality is?
Do we define it or do we allow others to do so?

The story is simple, the greatest lover the world has ever
known, Don Juan DeMarco (Johnny Depp) decides to kill himself.
Waiting for his last duel to arrive, the cops call in Dr.
Mickler (Marlon Brando) to get him off the roof. He finally
convinces Don Juan that he is Don Octavio and he must come
with him to his villa to rest. That is where our tale
truly begins.

If you want to know more, watch the movie. All I can say
is that you will swept away with Don Juan as everyone else
is in the movie.

One of the many highlights of the film is watching Marlon
Brando and Faye Dunaway together. To me it's like watching
magic unfolding when they are on screen. They light up.
And, Johnny, Johnny...all I can say is what a man!

Of course, I have a clip for you. Enjoy. One day,
I hope to meet you one day on the island of Eros. (If you don't
know what I mean, you will after seeing the movie.)



PS.Here is one of my favorite lines:
"There are only four questions of value in life, Don Octavio.
What is sacred?
Of what is the spirit made?
What is worth living for?
What is worth dying for?
The answer to each is the same:
only Love."


Sending you all much love on a Dreamy Thursday.

Shellsigna

3 comments:

Her Speak said...

Okay, Dreamy Thursday kicks ass! I love this idea! Can't wait for next week. :D

Much Joy, Pleasant Dreams~*
Molly

Elisa Day said...

what a wonderful idea! I will look forward to thursdays! I love that movie and I love Johnny Depp he is amazinng. I hope I see you on island of Eros some day. Hugs

Laurel said...

well my dear friend, you know I love Thursdays. I LOVE this!!! The clip is cool too. So many dreamy things out there these days, I am fully charged and fully inspired.
Love You Shell. You are cool.

Happy Birthday David

  "Having all that - the fame and adulation and the women and all that stuff they talk about - doesn't make you happy. You have to ...