It's in the teen digits in The Bronx! It's so cold, I looked out my window and saw Polar Bears and Penguins waving to me. I had all these great plans for the today. Alas, even this Winter baby said I'm staying in today. I know Winter can be a challenging season for a lot of people. Here is my list of things to do on a wintry day.
1) Sit somewhere to get sunlight.
2) Pick up a long discarded project to finish: half knitted sweater, a neglected painting, editing a short story you wrote, etc.
3) Write a dream list of things you want to do before a certain age or year: places you want to go, things you want to see, etc
4) Baking cakes, breads, pastries or whatever else you want to bake always makes your place toasty warm and smells good.
5) Watch your DVD's of your favorite tv series: do four episodes in a row; or, watch a DVD of your favorite movie you haven't seen in ages.
6) Listen to music. Just listen without doing anything else! Let yourself be taken away.
7) Go through some of your old magazines. Keep your favorite issues and give away the rest via Freecyle.
8) Get a book and curl up to read with hot chocolate or apple cinnamon tea (I love this tea)
9) Now, you share with me a tip to do a Wintry day. I love to hear them.
Sweet dreams to you all.