I have been a busy bee these two days doing acting business. I got my headshots retouched and copied. Can you tell the difference between the two?
I can tell right away. The magic of retouching. When you see pictures of your favorite stars, singers, etc in magazines. You say oh how perfect and beautiful they look. Seriously, half of that is the magic of retouching. Don't believe the hype. I got this picture and my other girl next door picture done. I'm happy about my headshots: anticipating to get more calls for work. One of my goals this year is to get a role on Law& Order: Special Victim Unit. It is my favorite of the three Law and Order shows. I auditioned for the casting director of the show last year but didn't get a role. This year I'll get cast in a speaking role on SVU.
Freecycle is the best. I got a book of Emily Dickinson's poetry through a posting of mine. It's been a long time since I read her. Her poetry is beautiful, passionate and economical. I adore how Emily uses a few words to say volumes. For poets of the past, I still want books of poetry on Sappho, H.D. and Keats. I know you can get their work on-line. I love having the feel of actual books in my hands.
I got tagged again this time by Sarah. First before I do my random list. I want to share the lovely dolls she made and sent from England to me. Thank you, Sarah. My pictures really don't do her dolls justice.
I still have yet to name my new friends. Now to random six things about me. This time I'm not tagging anyone since I did it last week. If you want to play along with me, please do.
1) I auditioned for The High School of Performing Arts in New York which the movie Fame is based on. I didn't get in. Ouch, It did blow my confidence. I didn't let it deter me from being an Actor as you can see.
2) I adore the painting Starry Night by Van Gogh. The pictures and posters of it don't do it justice. The first time I saw it at Museum of The Modern Art, I was entranced. I sat there staring at it for ten minutes.
3) I love Peanut Brittle!! The good thick kind.
4) My new favorite movie is Harold and Maude which I saw the first time on Sunday.
5) I love to hug Trees. Seriously.
6) I share the same birthday of the character Dean Winchester on Supernatural.