Friday, November 7, 2008

Enchanted Cottage



I have a b&w gem for all my romantic movie lovers out there. The movie is Enchanted Cottage (1945) starring Dorothy McGuire and Robert Young. I have been hearing about this movie for years and finally saw it the first time in 2006. Since them it has become one of my new favorite movies. It is being aired on Saturday at 9:30pm on Turner Classic Movies. It is a about a lonely woman and WWII vet who meet in a magical cottage. That's all I can tell you because anything else will ruin the movie. I hope you all get a chance to watch. If your going to be out, set your DVR or VCR to tape. After you see the movie, let me know what you think.

4 comments:

Joelle Dolce Bebe said...

Ohhhh What a Lovely movie. I could watch those over & over. I need to MAKE myself watch some movies and go to bed EARLY!!!! what a way to end a busy day! Off to Dream land....
Hope yoursweet face Is enjoying the Fall Season already!
(((hugs)))
Joelle XO

Shell said...

Hi Joelle. I am enjoying autumn. Glad you love Enchanted cottage too. Watching an good old movie always relaxes me and makes me happy.

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

i haven't watched this one but i did go to the movies this past weekend and I saw Rachel getting marry and Zack and Miri, last one was actually a sweet in the end.
hugs Shell!

Beverly said...

Oh my Goddess, I can't believe I've finally met someone besides me who has even heard of this film!!! Don't you just love the Enchanted Cottage? It is one of my absolutely fave movies and could just kick myself for missing it. I love the lesson but I won't divulge here either (I hate it when other people do). Thanks so much for sharing the memory! I'm going to see if I can order it from Amazon darn it!

Wordless Wednesday: Spring