Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Destiny



Last night, I was shouting with joy and pride when the magic number of 270 came! Watching Barack's speech made me think about him being The 44th President is a symbol for so many things.

I often wonder does Destiny choose us for great things? Or do we chose to make our own Destiny great by stepping out of what is "possible" and reach for what others believe is 'impossible". I am proud that America showed the world we can move past our history and elect Barack for President. I have no doubt in my mind that an Obama Presidency blasts open the White House for more diverse Presidents to come. One day the gender of a President will be a woman! We will see a President who is Latino, Asian and First Nation. I look forward to seeing all of this unfold in years to come. I hope you do too.

4 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

This is a beautiful change for your country. It has been hard watching the U.S. go from a beacon of light to a giant bully. Your country has been the envy of the world and it fell into such tyranny. I believe that Barrack will change all of that and love that such a significant change is such a beacon of light for everyone. The whole world is celebrating with you.

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I can't wait to see a woman!!!

tea time and roses said...

Hello Shell!

I just know the best is yet to come for our great nation! Is it just me, or is this one beautiful family!! :o)

Smiles...

Beverly

Susie said...

It was a great night!

Happy Birthday David

  "Having all that - the fame and adulation and the women and all that stuff they talk about - doesn't make you happy. You have to ...