Sunday, October 12, 2008

Far From Heaven

I just saw the movie last night. I had missed it when it came out in 2002. If you haven't seen Far From Heaven please watch it. Before I even get into the acting and the story. The look of the film is so beautiful with all the colors and clothes. The art director and cinematography is truly breathtaking.

I don't want to give the story away. I can tell you this much Julianne Moore is Cathy a perfect coiffed poised Housewife in the late 50's. She is married to her handsome successful sales exec hushand (Dennis Quaid.) She has a storybook life. Events begin to unravel her life. She finds herself in an unexpected friendship with her gardener Raymond(Dennis Haysbert.)

That's all I'm telling you. Go and watch it. Let me know what you think. It is a bittersweet story. It is a throwback to the movies from the 50's. What surprised me the most is the director, Todd Haynes, also directed the wonderfully vibrant Velvet Goldmine. The acting in this is wonderful. Julianne Moore, Dennis Quaid and Dennis Haysbert are superb. I have a crush on Dennis Haysbert. So I was sighing whenever he came on screen.

Here is a trailer for the film.


5 comments:

Keith said...

I love this film. I saw it at the theater when it came out. The entire cast gave outstanding performances. It's a wonderful movie.

Don said...

I've never seen this film, but I will definitely try my best to check it out. The last film someone recommened - The Notebook - turned out to be a great flick.

Anonymous said...

:D yeah scrapbooking is really fun. And I love writing and painting in my diary :D it's so fun to have memories collected in a book.

Susie said...

Wow!! I have never even heard of this film. It does look Very Good!!

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

i love it, it was good!
My crush is with Dennis Quaid, have you ever seen "frequency"?
Go rent it! it is great too.

Wordless Wednesday: Spring