Friday, August 29, 2008

Vision, Imagine, Dream




Yesterday was a momentous day for me. Barack is now The Democratic nominee for President. What made me feel more awestruck is that it fell on the 45th anniversary of The March on Washington. Martin Luther King, Jr. was a true visionary. He lived and died by that vision. Now, how that does that relate to me or you? Whatever your politics are and who your voting for, doesn't concern me. What does is do have a vision of your life? Do you live according to that dream life you want? I say all of that to share this.

After Barack's speech, I was pumped. I began reading my current diary. My diary starts in 9/07 to now. I read up till March '08. What I found startling is something I truly never noticed until now. That most of the ideas and dreams that have happened in my present day had been already been written in my diary months ago. The seeds of my future inherent in my past. We all know this in theory. Have you ever seen it? And I was blown away. For example, in November I kept talking about how I wanted to do a blog. I wrote so much about it until I finally took the plunge to start Swanofdreamers.

If you feel lost, hopeless or blah, go back to your diaries, art or old blog posts. Who you are is embedded in all in it. It's there for you to see. Your vision of your life is waiting for you. Now that vision may not manifest today, three months now or even a year later. I believe if you keep doing, dreaming, praying and working toward that vision. One day it is going to be real.

Have a beautiful Friday.

10 comments:

Tamie said...

what a great picture to put with you post...very dreamy :)
i don't think that i've actually ever met someone from the bronx, do you have that distinctive bronx accent? (just curious) thanks so much for stopping by my place yesterday, it was great to see you!

Suzie Ridler said...

I didn't think it was possible but a presidential candidate seems to be getting the U.S. inspired for positive change again. As a Canadian, it is so exciting to see.

Creative energy needs a place to start and journals are perfect for that! I need to journal more, I used to do it fanatically. I'm just glad I'm back into the creative spirit.

Your online place here is wonderful Shell!

blackstar said...

Vision, Imagine, Dream.... that's the order of making it happen. I'm so happy to see Obama making it happen.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Shell for a great reminder that it all begins with the Dream. Then we follow up with shoe leather! Your post also reminds me of the Tarot Justice card, with its message of sowing & reaping . . . what we have sown in the past, we reap now; what we sow now, we will reap in the future. So it's a good idea if we sow our thoughts and dreams and visions consciously . . . ! (I am still just thrilled with Barack and Michelle . . . I cannot wait to see that family in the White House!)

Anonymous said...

Hello Darling!
I wanted to thank you for leaving a comment at my site geminimoon.net but then I actually started reading some of your blogs and became intrigued. I know exactly what you are talking about on this post I am commenting on, I also keep a diary and when I go back through it I sometimes amazing myself lol! I totally get what you mean :)
Thanks for stopping by Gemini Moon!

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

Hi! I found you on Blog Around The World. So I thought I'd pop in ans say hi to a fellow NY blogger :-) You have a lovely blog!

Shell said...

Hi ladies one and all for stopping by with your wonderful comments. It means a lot to me. I hope you all come back. Much appreciated.
BTW, Tamie I don't really have too much of a Bronx accent. I have to say the Bronx accents in movies are exaggerated.

Susie said...

Sometimes you have a dream and sometime the dream changes. I wanted to be an actress. When my life took a different path, I found a different passion...baking. Let me know how those cupcakes turn out:-)

Frizzy said...

What a great blog! I love your layout and all that it offers. Thanks for stopping by my place in CA and commenting. Much appreciated. YaYa says thanks!

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

yes! the more i vision my future, the more i visualize it and play and imagine the possibilities, the closer i get to reach my goals and dreams, and the experience enriches me, absolutely!
Your posts are positive and lovely.
You rock!
Obama rocks!

Happy Birthday David

  "Having all that - the fame and adulation and the women and all that stuff they talk about - doesn't make you happy. You have to ...