Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Things We Lost in The Fire




Last night, I watched Things We Lost in The Fire. I missed it when it came out last year. When I started watching it, I thought it was going to be really sad. Ultimately, it is a life affirming movie. How even in tragedy and loss we can find the courage and strength to find our way back. A great cast headlined with Halle Berry, Benicio Del Toro, David Duchovny. Halle is always at her best when she gets to play women in deep turmoil and pain. I feel the real Halle comes out so much more in these kind of roles rather than in other pretty roles she is offered. Benicio Del Toro is amazing in his role! He is an Oscar winner for his work in Traffic. What I didn't know that he is only the third Puerto Rican actor to win an Oscar. I feel he doesn't get enough play as an actor. Benicio is interesting and intense on screen. I have yet to see him give a bad performance. For all my actors out there, there is a monologue at the end that is really amazing. Can I also give some love to the two child actors who play Halle's kids: Micah Burke and Alexis Llewellyn. They shine in their roles. So if you see it coming on cable, watch it. Let me know your thoughts.

No comments:

Wordless Wednesday: Spring