Saturday, July 19, 2008

Audition



I actually had my first real audition since my show in June. It is for an independent film. I know like that is so long ago! Actors get twitchy when they don't audition and work. I feel good about how the audition went. The director was cool and laid back. I performed my favorite monologue from an episode of the Twilight Zone.

I could feel the lessons I learned from doing the sonnet show had changed my acting. I got to my core quicker. The words came from a honest place inside of me with little effort. I even forgot about the director. I really connected and allowed myself to flow. I am happy. The direction in which my acting teachers first sensed, way back in the 90's, how I would mature as an actor is finally happening. That is exciting.

No comments:

Happy Birthday David

  "Having all that - the fame and adulation and the women and all that stuff they talk about - doesn't make you happy. You have to ...