Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Door has Been Opened


Politics has never been my forte. It is interwoven into the fabric of our lives. I had to note what has happened this week. The race between Obama and Clinton is for the history books.

With Obama as the Democratic front runner officially. I think of all my ancestors who lived and died as slaves and dreamed of freedom. Even relatives after slavery, who did their best to build a life and instill pride in being black which still resonates in my family today. Could they ever have imagined this day? I wonder. It is here.

What Halle Berry said about winning the Oscar for Best Actress can be applied to now: "This moment is so much bigger than me. Because the door tonight has been opened."

No comments:

Happy Birthday David

  "Having all that - the fame and adulation and the women and all that stuff they talk about - doesn't make you happy. You have to ...