Saturday, April 5, 2008

Fab Bette


Without wonder and insight, acting is just a trade. With it, it becomes creation."- Bette Davis

Today is the 100th birthday of my favorite: Bette Davis. She can play it all: strong, vulnerable, dangerous, witty and coy. I can watch Bette and never be bored. I find something new every time I see one of her films. One of my acting teachers, Hope, use to say if you find something that you like an actor doing it, steal it and make it your own. If you feel bad about stealing it from them, remember they stole it from another actor. So I am sure Bette wont mind if I borrow a thing or two from her.

My favorites Bette Davis films are:

Now Voyager: (Vulnerable and romantic Bette)

Jezebel: (Out doing Scarlett OHara Bette)

The Letter: (Conniving Bette)

All About Eve: (Strong Bette)

Dark Victory (Lively and Serious Bette)

The Winter Guest: (Edgy and romantic Bette)

Happy Birthday, Bette!! You are greatly missed.

Oh Jerry, don't let's ask for the moon. We have the stars- Bette Davis as Charlotte Vale in Now Voyager.

No comments:

Happy Birthday David

  "Having all that - the fame and adulation and the women and all that stuff they talk about - doesn't make you happy. You have to ...