Monday, March 31, 2008

Haven


I love rainy days and gray skies. There is something magical about a rainy day that makes my mind alive with ideas and fancies. If I lived somewhere else perhaps in the countryside, I would don a long cloak and go walking in the rain. Think over my life and all the things yet to do.

Today, I don't have time for romantic rambles. I wish I did. I must confess the optimistism of Friday has given away to the moodiness of monday. There was a haven I went to when my world wasn't good. I was safe and comforted there. Nothing bad could ever harm me there. This weekend my haven was breached. It became cold and dark. Now, I am bereft of it.

So today, I'll walk in the rain going to work. I will mourn for my haven deeply but I must keep going.

No comments:

Happy Birthday David

  "Having all that - the fame and adulation and the women and all that stuff they talk about - doesn't make you happy. You have to ...