Thursday, June 30, 2022

Death of a Gunfighter

Today is Lena Horne's Birthday. I got inspired to watch the movie Death of a Gunfighter (1969).


She plays Claire Quintana, who is in long relationship with Marshal Frank Patch (Richard Widmark).




Frank finally decides to marry Claire as the clock is ticking for him. The town Frank is sworn to protect is turning against him.


This is one of the few dramas that Lena got a chance to act in. She is good in this; alas, I wish she had gotten the chance to do more dramatic roles in her movie career.


I loved her wedding dress in the film, so I tried to take as many screenshots as I could.


    I adore how Frank looks at Claire in this shot; Lena and Richard had a nice chemistry in the film.


Here is a nice shot of Claire's wedding dress and hat from the back.



As they leave the courthouse happy, the realities of what is going on in the town hit the newlyweds.



I wish that there is a happy ending for Claire and Frank; It is worth watching for Lena Horne and Richard Widmark. Here is the trailer below. 


Happy Birthday, Lena.

No comments:

Happy Birthday David

  "Having all that - the fame and adulation and the women and all that stuff they talk about - doesn't make you happy. You have to ...