Tuesday, September 14, 2021

This and that on a Tuesday

Happy Tuesday. Jacob is back in school starting 5th grade!!! Thankfully he is use to wearing masks. This era of Covid has been harder on the children and teens to me than adults. Honestly, I don't think we will know the far ranging effects for the newer generations until they are much older. I am vaccinated for those wondering. The recent floods didn't effect me and my family here in the Big Apple. We were lucky. I do hope now people realize global climate change is a real thing! 

 What have you all been watching and reading?

 I watched an old favorite of mine: Summertime starring Katherine Hepburn and Rossano Brazzi. Watching it again, I was hit deeply this time with the longing, loneliness and yearning through out the film. If you have never seen it, you should. I feel it is one of Katherine's best performances! It also reminds me how much I want to go to Venice.
Speaking of Venice, I finally got too see The Tourist starring Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp. I have been wanting to see it for years, I was happy to finally get it from the library to watch on DVD. Most of the film is based in Venice. It is really an enjoyable film. Angelina Jolie is at her best sleek and cool self. The clothes she wears are truly fabulous. Johnny Depp is good in this as well. It was interesting to see them together in a film. I love seeing big stars get to work opposite each other.
I also got the chance to finally watch Emma (2020). I wasn't sure if I like it because I love the 1996 version starring Gwyneth Paltrow and Jeremy Northam. I actually enjoyed it very much! I adored the color palette used in the film. Anna Taylor-Joy and Johnny Flynn totally enchanted me as Emma and Mr.Knightley. Bill Nightly as Mr.Woodhouse was a delight in the film too. I like both versions! That is a big win for me.
Nine Perfect Strangers on Hulu is also intriguing. I am going to be honest I started watching it for my new found interest in Luke Evans. He plays the sardonic Lars on it. This is a great ensemble cast headed by Nicole Kidman. It is worth watching, I love all these great moments with all the various characters. I have a soft spot for Carmel played by the brilliant Regina Hall. There are two episodes to go, I have no idea what is going to happen. It will be wild for sure.


I was gifted So Potent Art: The Magic of Shakespeare by Emily Cardiff by my dear Neo. If you love Shakespeare and Magick then this book is for you. It has been a delight and inspiring to read. She talks about things I always sensed in the Bard's words.


 Please share with me what you have been watching and reading recently. I love to hear all.

No comments:

Happy Birthday David

  "Having all that - the fame and adulation and the women and all that stuff they talk about - doesn't make you happy. You have to ...