Tuesday, May 25, 2021

44 years ago today..

"Your sad devotion to that ancient religion.." Star Wars is not my religion; but, it is very close!


Whenever I go back to rewatch the films especially Star Wars: A New Hope. It's always going back to old friends from my childhood. When we are young together.


This is the true Star Wars today to me. It is poignant that Carrie isn't here with us now. She lives on in her family and all of us. If you have never seen Star Wars, here is my suggestion on how to watch just the original and prequels... Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, Revenge of the Sith and Return of the Jedi. 

After all these years, that trench run is still thrilling. The moment when Luke actually lets go and uses The Force is wonderful. When I was a girl, I felt stuck in situation I would say that to myself. I would say to myself  Let go, Shell. It always worked for me. 
         


May The Force Be With You Always..
 

No comments:

Happy Birthday David

  "Having all that - the fame and adulation and the women and all that stuff they talk about - doesn't make you happy. You have to ...