Friday, July 3, 2020

Friday Feel Good Movie: Juanita



Happy Friday. I have this huge to watch Netflix list. Finally, I decided to make time to watch Juanita. I am so happy I did. It's this wonderful feel good movie starring the always wonderful Alfre Woodward. She is a single mom and grand mom. She is tired of her life and wants to make a change. She plans to travel to somewhere. She decides to do this on the spur of the moment. I had that fantasy to run away for a bit to a town where no one knows me. Juanita actually does this!



I don't want to give the whole story away but it involves meeting a nice trucker, finding a small town to live in, a romance with a hunky chef and Blair Underwood! Blair Underwood is hilarious in this. I especially like the relationship between Alfre Woodward and Adam Beach. It's a treat to watch. Especially with everything going on, I need to see some Black Woman Joy.

A great Friday feel good movie to kick off your Summer right.

No comments:

Happy Birthday David

  "Having all that - the fame and adulation and the women and all that stuff they talk about - doesn't make you happy. You have to ...