Monday, May 13, 2019

Fasting

Happy Monday, my friends.

I have off and on have done fasts.I haven't done a fast since the year began. I decided on Tuesday evening to do a fast for Wednesday. I decided to do a 24 hr fast. Which meant water, no food. I still had errands to do, work and take care of Jacob.

In the first couple of hours, I had a good cry. All these emotions poured out of me. I've had increased responsibilities with taking care
of my mom. I needed a nice emotional release. Once, that passed. I felt better. As the day worn on, a sense of clarity filled my body and soul. Those hungry moments came, I let it be there. I drank water and imagined the food I like to eat.



After completing the 24 hrs, I decided to stretch it 36 hours.
I did get a bout of nausea, I drank water and it too passed.
The feeling of clarity and calmness lasted through out my fast.
As much as I love food, I didn't miss it. I was surrounded by food.
I had moments of temptation. I let it flow like an ocean wave.
Once the feeling passed, a sense of peace returned within me.
The whole experience for me has been good.



I feel like this is something I like to incorporate monthly
for myself. I am on a weight release journey. I did the fasting
for my spirit mostly than my body.Have anyone of you fasted?
I love to hear about it. Share in the comments below.


Shellsigna

No comments:

Happy Birthday David

  "Having all that - the fame and adulation and the women and all that stuff they talk about - doesn't make you happy. You have to ...