Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Somewhere in Time Day: June 27th

Happy Tuesday, my friends. Today is what I call Somewhere in Time Day. On this day, June 27th, Richard Collier (Christopher Reeve) goes back in time to meet his love ,Elise McKenna (Jane Seymour).
I know I have talked about Somewhere in Time endlessly here on Swanofdreamers. It is a movie that I loved since I was 11. Over the years, it has echoed in my life in surprising and interesting ways.



Just in case, you are new here and never seen Somewhere in Time, this is the story. Richard Collier (Christopher Reeve) finds a picture of an actress, Elise McKenna (Jane Seymour) in a grand hotel. He falls in love with the picture and becomes obsessed with finding a way to go back in time to be with her.You can find Somewhere in Time on Amazon. I know it has been uploaded on YouTube. I always tell people especially if you like romantic movies, this is one not to miss.



You can go to my Instagram page, I did a small clip as a homage to Somewhere in Time. One of the best things about Somewhere in Time for me, it reminds me that love just is. You don't have to explain it, when you feel the real thing you know.
P.S. I was finally able to load the clip I did down below.





Shellsigna

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post, Shell. And I think you know how much I love the time travel subgenre!

Would you believe I do not even recall if I had ever watched this motion picture?!

And I can just hear the voice of my very first Spiritual Teacher, Denise, saying, about Christopher Reeve, "Now, that was when he looked like TASTY CHICKEN!"

I might not be able to watch this motion picture for a few more days, but I look forward to doing so, and then I shall happily tell you all about my experience with it, although I have a feeling I shall enjoy watching "Somewhere in Time" very much.

Happy Birthday David

  "Having all that - the fame and adulation and the women and all that stuff they talk about - doesn't make you happy. You have to ...