Friday, July 1, 2016

Sweet July


Colored scents that fill the air as drowsy insects hum around in the meadow is the place of secret magic where nature alone renews itself."
- Kate Bergquist

Woo hoo. It's July. Wishing all the Canadians out there, Happy Canada Day. I was in Canada for Canada Day many years ago. It was a beautiful time for me. My memories of Ottawa warms my heart to this day.

This month, I am going to catch up with two ladies. I have to let go of a few of favorite TV shows because I don't have the time to watch them all. I do my best to avoid social media when certain shows air then catch up with them when the season is done.

It's been a long time since I caught up with Cookie (Taraji P. Henson) and her family aka Empire. I watched up to episode 2 of season 2. I'm ready to have fun with the fierce and fabulous Cookie Lyon.


Another lady who is fierce and fabulous in her own way, Cassie Nightingale is back.



I found out two weeks ago The Good Witch series is on Netflix. I've watched three episodes so far. I'm going to spend time with Cassie (Catherine Bell) and her family. Though I do miss Chris Pine, who was in the four original movie, as Jake, her friend and eventual husband .

What series are you going to be catching up with this Summer? I love to hear all in the comments.

Shellsigna

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my Goddess!

Truth be told, I have always been a "TV-holic," and even without cable, I have plenty of choices.

The only paid streaming service I have is Netflix, but I also have free Hulu. At this time, my Divine Consort and I are catching up on "Gotham" and "Sleepy Hollow." Interestingly enough, neither he nor I watch "The Good Witch," although it does interest me enough that I do want to watch it at some point.

Now, as for "Empire," you know I watch that show!

Other than that, the only other shows I AM watching are first-run, such as "12 Monkeys," and "So You Think You Can Dance."

Judy Hartman said...

I used to love The Good Witch movies, but never got into the series. I love a lot of British series, especially Call the Midwife, but it is on hiatus for the summer. :(
Hope you have an enjoyable summer, Shell!

Wordless Wednesday: Spring