Sunday, May 1, 2016

May Day Magic

Happy May Day, my friends. It is also called Beltane. This day is full of magick, passion, faeries, dreams and fertility.

I wish I could tell you that I was dancing with the fairies today but unfortunately the rain outside and the cold weather makes dancing a little bit difficult.myI can still feel the Magic in the air today. I felt it even last night when I went to buy roses for my altar.

Here is my modest altar which has been pared down because of my two J's: Jacob , my son, and Jet, the family cat. Jet is obsessed with trying to eat flowers especially roses!


Whatever weather this day brings you, have fun and connect with your spirit even if it's for ten minutes. Open yourself to all the lovely divine energy around you.

Blessed Be.

Shellsigna

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shell, thank you for another wonderful post.

Actually, I had a low key Bealtaine, or May Day. As you know, with my professional schedule, I rarely have a Sunday to spend at home. I went to a local flea market, and the items I wanted were unavailable, so I had a nice, leisurely breakfast (they sell food and snacks at this flea market), then went back home. I spent the rest of the day catching up on a few things, but primarily relaxing as much as possible.

However, I AM open to the Creativity and Bountiful, New Growth, that I associate with this particular Holy Day.

In the meantime, yes, cats love munching on flowers, and I recall there were certain flowers that would soon become mangles snacks! Ha!

Fortunately for me, I have a life partner/Divine Consort who has had plenty of experience with cats, growing up, so we are looking forward to having cat-friendly plants and flowers back in our home. Frankly, I cannot wait!

May the Goddess and God Bless you and yours with Creativity, Fertility, and Bountiful New Growth during this Bealtaine Tide.

Sarah said...

I wish you a happy May Day too Shell-if a little late. Some of the kids in my class were playing at being fairies on Friday-there must have been something in the air as you say!

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Trying to eat the flowers?!?! Oh my! How adventurous!!! LOL! Hope that you are doing well. Yes indeed I 'm over here working on other stories and finally doing some of my very own and I am excited about that!
Sending you all many, many hugs!

Wordless Wednesday: Spring