Friday, May 17, 2013

The Great Gatsby and Books

I haven't been to the movies in months. Yesterday,
I saw The Great Gatsby in 3D.



I feel The Great Gatsby is the kind of film you either hate or love.
I loved it. Baz Luhrmann, the director, excels on dizzying
spectacles on film. (He's directed Strictly Ballroom, Romeo
+ Juliet, Moulin Rouge.) The movie is a great party on film.
It is bittersweet when the party ends like in life sometimes.
I say check it out. Leo as Gatsby made me believe anything is possible.
(I have never read the book, I do want to give a read now.)


Also, here a few good books I have read recently.
If you like books
with a magical or supernatural flavor like I do, then these
are right up your alley.

The Witch series by Juliet Blackwell. Starts with
Second Hand Spirits.

Pies and Prejudice: A Charmed Pie Shoppe mystery
by Ellery Adams.

Brownies and Broomsticks by Bailey Cates.

The Diviners by Libba Bray.(Set in the 20's.)

Voodoo Dreams by Jewell Rhodes Parker. (The first
of a Trilogy.)


Now, the baby is napping. I'm going to take
advantage of this quiet time and watch the season
finale of Scandal. Anybody watching Scandal?
It is so good!!

Have a beautiful Friday and weekend. See you
right back here on Monday, my friends.

Shellsigna

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love Baz Luhrmann films so can't wait to see this one! Have a lovely weekend Shell!

Wordless Wednesday: Spring