Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Here comes The Sun


Last night, I woke up around 3am. I got to see the Lunar Eclipse.
The Moon hidden and glowing in a soft red. It was amazing. I stood
looking out my wide living room window transfixed.

Then I had my boyfriend wake me up before sunrise. My home
faces the west, so I couldn't see the sunrise directly. I did
see the Moon set and the light of the Sun reflected in apartment
windows across from me. The sky began to lighten to a soft blue.
I played Here Comes The Sun by The Beatles and Hey Baby (New Rising
Sun) by Jimi Hendrix to greet the Sun. Though the Winter Solstice,
is known as the darkest day of the Year. From this day forth,
the days will get longer. Now, that's something to celebrate.

Today is Yule aka The Winter Solstice, A Full Moon, a Lunar
Eclipse and how can I forget, The First Day of Winter. There is
a lot of bright and powerful energy in the air. For me, I feel
like just soaking this all in quietly. Being this is the last
Full Moon of 2010, I'm in the mood to just relax.It has been one
heck of a ride this year.

Wishing you all a wonderful day and night. As always, have
fun on the this Yule Full Moon.
Shellsigna

10 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

Lucky you! Were u able to get a picture of it? Calif. is raining so it was a no show....

Her Speak said...

I'm jealous you got to see the eclipse!! It snowed here like crazy, but I waited anyway just in case there was some freak break in the clouds, haha!

Getting my place put together for Yule--good energy today! Many Full Moon Blessings to You!

Much Joy~*
Molly

Sarah said...

That sounds amazing Shell! Happy Yule!

christina said...

how beautiful!
happy solstice!
xoxo

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

I too got up to see it. I watched from 2:30 until 3:30. It was so fabulous! I do love the moon. Always makes me smile. The Japanese believe they see a rabbit in the moon instead of a man in the moon. Guess that's why I like it so much. ;)
Happy Winter Dreams to you my friend and a very Christmas and New year.
:)
xx, shell

Joanna said...

Beautiful, Shell! Blessed Yule to you!

Laurel said...

What a cool way to celebrate the solstace. I was out there last night at 11 pm..so essentially I was looking at the moon pst at the same time as you! How cool is that. Love Love Love to you Sweet Shell.

Tracy said...

Oh, you got to see the Luna eclipse! It was overcast & snowy here, so we didn't see a thing, sadly. My hubby was up very early scouting it for us, but nothing. Still the Solstice is a great time and we've enjoyed marking it in our small way and will carry a bit of the Yule fun & spirit through the "holidays" :o) We have a good many gatherings & get-togethers in the next days, so visiting friends early this week in blogland. I hope to post again before the holiday break :o) Hoping you & yours have the happiest holiday season & wishing you all the best in 2011, Shell! ((HUGS))

Elisa Day said...

Sounds like magic! We had snowstorm, so I could not see the Lunar Eclipse. But luckily I have seen it before. I want to wish you a magic christmas and thank you for all your wonderful blogposts. They always give me inspiration

Wendy said...

Wishing you a belated Solstice greeting and blessing, Shell. May you and all your loved one's, esp. your furbaby receive the warmth of the sun and the beauty of the darkness. I love the J. Hendrix song choice btw :)

Wordless Wednesday: Spring