Saturday, April 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Ella




A Big Happy Birthday to the "First Lady of Song": Ella Fitzgerald. I love Ella's beautiful and clear voice. When I use to work at my boring law firms job, Ella's voice was always in my headphones to keep me swinging and dreaming. Whether I'm in a romantic, melancholy or happy mood, Ella is there to provide her wondrous voice to my feelings.

Here are some great words from the lady herself:
"Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong."
"It isn't where you came from, its where you're going that counts."


I also have a blog award to share. Tristan of Enchanted Reverly gifted me with this lovely and heartfelt award called The Renee award. Go here to learn the important story behind this wonderful award from one of the co-creators Bella. In Bella's own words this award was created in honor of Renee: the acorn, a small package becoming a tall and sturdy oak giving more acorns, becoming tall and sturdy oaks, giving acorns…



I'm passing out the love to these creative ladies: Gyspy of Daisy Yellow Blog
Marmee Craft of Marmee Craft
Sarah of Circles of Rain
If you don't know their blogs, go check them out.

And now, here is Ella to serenade you off. Hope your having a great weekend so far.



As always, Sweet Dreams to you all.

I had to put another song on. Just can't have one Ella Song.


11 comments:

Judy Hartman said...

My whole family -Bill, Kate and I - are big Ella fans! Also love her singing with Louis Armstrong! What a gorgeous voice!!

GlorV1 said...

I love Ella too. Her voice is so awesome. How nice that you always celebrate the people you love. How wonderful that you received Renee's award. I'm a fan of Renee who is a sweetheart. Lucky you. Take care and enjoy Sunday.

Kathryn Costa said...

Happy Birthday to Ella! I love Ella Fitzgerald. I will often blast her on my car stereo and sing along. Ella and Louis Armstrong are quite a pair. We do lovely trios. {wink}

k

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

I'm an Ella fan myself! Sometime I dream that I'm her he he he! You have just put me in such a great mood. I think It shall be Ella day today!

Genie Sea said...

Thank you for sharing the marvelousness of Ella! Congrats on the award! It's much deserved :)

Cheryl Lynn Pastor Romance Author said...

My mother was a huge Ella fan and introduced me to her when I was a little child. I used to watch her on shows such as the Dean Martin Show and Ed Sullivan. I loved it when she did her famous "scatting" and when she performed with the likes of Frank Sinatra. She was an incredible talent for sure.

Congrats on your award. You deserve it, sweetheart.

Kudos and Kisses.

Anonymous said...

Ella has such a beautiful voice. Thank you for reminding me. Congrats on your award!!!

MarmeeCraft said...

Oh! Ella Fitzgerald is so lovely!! :)
Thank You ever so much for the sweet mention of my little blogling!!

Your blog is SO beautiful!!! :)

Sarah said...

Hi Shell,
Just dropping in to catch up. Ella is great! Congrats on your award and thanks so much for passing it on to me! I am honoured.
I am looking forward to watching your shakespeare video but have not had a quiet moment to do so yet.
Have a great week!
Sarah x

gma said...

Beautiful!! Love her voice.
mmm Sentimental

Anonymous said...

I love Ella. Her voice is one of a kind. Congrats on the award.
jj

Wordless Wednesday: Spring